Goal part 1:
I want to find out, if it is possible to practice WOL as a one-person-circle supported through the networking capacity of the internet.
a. Evaluation if it was possible to achieve progress with respect to the 5 WOL principles:
- build relationships which are helpful with respect to the goals of my activities
- strengthen relationships through investments
- achieve more visibility
- achieve my learning/discovery goal
- develop an open and curious mindset with respect to my objectives
b. Evaluation of the one-person-circle experience
- was this a positive or negative experience for me?
- did I experience changes in how I work?
- did I achieve my learning goals?
- general what are my lessons learned regarding the on-person-circle
- was it a difference between working just alone or in other environments or as a one-person-circle
Goal part 2:
I want to learn about the basics of blockchain, what the mathematical foundations are and which technical frameworks exist. Since blockchain is often falsely seen as just another word for cryptocurrency I want to make clear, that I am interested here in blockchain as a technological basis which can be used to implement solutions for a variety of use cases. I want to take an open online course in the internet and go through all the exercises of the course and read through the learning material.
Deliverable of Part 2:
Finalization of the online course
Goal part 3:
I want to find out what the specifics of a special type of blockchain uses cases are. In this context I am interested in blockchain for social impact use cases. My current understanding is that these uses cases are build around the objective to use blockchain to achieve a positive social impact. This could be for charity, for identification issues, for micropayment transactions in the thrid world or many other. As a basis for my activities in this area I will use a study about Bockchain for social impact conducted by the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Deliverable of Part 3:
- A list of uses cases of blockchain for social impact. This list shall contain especially uses cases for which operational implementations exist.
- A description of these use cases.
- Evaluation of the practical relevance of these type of use cases, i.e. are there data about volume, frequencies etc.?
- Evaluation about how blockchain projects for social impact can be funded and if there are sustainable business models in this respect.
In general terms the deliverable for Part 3 is a high level description of the ecosystem of blockchain for social impact.
Goal part 4:
Finally I want to to implement at least one smart contract, possibly on the basis of Ethereum. At this moment I do not have really an idea about how complicated this ist, but I will see.
Deliverable of Part 4:
Implementation of a smart contract on the basis of blockchain